Our Response to Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
A message from CEO Craig Edinger
Chaska, Minn. (March 20, 2020) – The safety and well-being of our employees, as well as the residents and employees at our managed communities, continue to be our top priority. Now, more than ever, this continues to be true. The Goodman Group has nearly 55 years of experience developing and managing residential and senior living and health care communities and most importantly, caring deeply about the wellbeing of the residents living at these communities.
The Goodman Group is closely monitoring the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and is staying abreast of updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local health departments. The main focus at the managed communities continues to be prevention. To protect residents, the managed communities have stepped up preventative measures to include, but are not limited to, the following:
Our managed residential communities are taking the following measures:
- Common area amenities are closed down until further notice with the exception of laundry rooms. Laundry rooms will temporarily be closed during cleaning sessions.
- An increase in the frequency of common area cleaning.
- Service requests will be limited to essential work only. This is defined as: active plumbing leaks that may flood your home, electrical safety issues, major appliance malfunctions, heating, and smoke detectors and/or sprinkler alarms. The managed community will be available to talk you through minor requests and may even be able to supply you with light bulbs, batteries, and plungers for you to use.
- Rental offices will be closed for personal visits. Please continue to contact the rental office via email, through the resident portal, or give them a call. The managed communities are standing by to assist you during this difficult time.
- Package acceptance has been suspended effective Wednesday, March 18. Please work with your individual delivery services to make alternative arrangements.
- Rental payments should be handled online via the resident portal, USPS Mail, or dropped in rent payment boxes.
Our managed senior living and health care communities have stepped up preventative measures to include the following:
- All visitation has been restricted, except for end-of-life situations.
- During this time, it is especially important that residents stay connected with family, friends and the greater community. The managed communities continue to support the use of technology and alternative ways to visit with residents such as Skype, FaceTime, phone calls and email.
- All staff are screened at beginning of their shift and being instructed to stay home if they are sick.
- Reminding residents to practice social distancing and frequent hand washing.
- Essential visitors and essential health care personnel are being actively screened to ensure they meet CDC guidelines and required to follow all prevention protocols.
- Internal and external resident activity groups have been canceled.
- Communal dining has been addressed for safe social distancing such as appropriate spacing in dining rooms, in suite dining or take away options in managed assisted living communities. All meals are provided in room to skilled nursing patients and residents.
- Reducing transportation services to essential doctor appointments only.
We are committed monitoring the evolving situation, supporting the managed communities and providing updates as this situation evolves.
« Back to newsroom